Sunday, March 8, 2015

Navy & Peach

(top, Hollyhoque / shorts, The Tinsel Rack / bag, Bangkok / shoes, Doctor Martens / necklace, Lovisa / cat ring, Colette Hayman / hashtag ring, Lovisa)
(photos by Clarice)

I was in a rush that day, and I did not plan my outfit before hand; in fact, I had not even decided if I wanted to take any outfit shots. I count it as pure luck that the first two things I picked out of my closet somehow matched, and matched well indeed. It's a strange combination that I'd never have thought of before-- navy and peach? They sound worlds apart, and yet. Though I do think that the taupe scallops on the sleeves did help to pull the outfit together, because they go so well with peach. And this pair of lace-side shorts has officially made it to the list of my most-worn items, because it looks so good, and goes with just about everything. Except that my watches keep getting hooked onto the lace, and my heart breaks a little whenever I feel the watch hook snag onto the threads. 

But aside from that-- these photos come from my last break from school, and they bring me back to a glorious time of lazing around at home, baking whenever I want to, and just being a slob. I met up with an old friend on this day, and we had a good time reminiscing about the past and talking about the present- it's amazing how far we've come, really. We hung out at Baker & Cook's, where I enjoyed an amazing spinach and mushroom tart with tomato & feta cheese salad, not to mention a delightful pecan pie I brought back for the family to try. I'm definitely looking forward to a repeat trip soon (perhaps summer holidays).
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment