Saturday, February 28, 2015

Monsoon Season


(top, The Tinsel Rack / skirt, A For Arcade / shoes, Doctor Martens / arm cuff, WoodenBox / infinity ring, circle ring, Lovisa / silver bar necklace, Colette Hayman)
(photos by Minyi Tsai) 

It poured a torrential storm the day we decided to head to Wheeler's Yard for a mini-photoshoot, which made it impossible for us to take photos at the iconic blue wall, or even within the cafe, because the doors were closed and the lighting was dismal. It was unfortunate that on the one day we had time to meet up, it was monsoon season, and the rain did not let up all day. Still, we made do with what we had, and produced this set of photos. It was my first time doing a shoot with Minyi, in my 7/8 years of knowing her, and it was great fun. Nothing beats a whole afternoon spent with friends, despite the gloomy weather. Wheeler's Yard was filled with bicycles, enough to make a non-cyclist like me go wide-eyed, and the food, while nothing much to write home about, was pretty standard and satisfied my cravings for brunch and dessert. 

The wild child necklace was a gift from the sister, who turned a glitzy heart-shaped pendant into a wearable necklace for me. I thought it contrasted nicely with the good girl style of my outfit. It must be my second time wearing this top and skirt in a post already, which goes to how how much I like them both, since I hardly repeat my clothes in photos. While the weather is getting much too unbearably hot (yet, with sudden downpours) for me to be going around school clad in a knee-length heavy skirt, at least this outfit kept me warm during monsoon season. 
xx   

No comments:

Post a Comment