Friday, August 15, 2014

Laid Back Blues

{top, BKK / plaid shirt, BKK / shorts, Zara / bag, BKK / shoes, Doctor Martens / pink tribal bracelet, Hollyhoque}
(photos by my dad)

Wow, I've been away from this space for so long. In my defence, it was the first week of university and my days have been pretty hectic, what with moving into hall, and trying to get through the first few lessons alive. It's been something of a hell-week, but I'm not complaining (that) much, because I've seen timetables that are much worse than mine.

Anyway, I'm back for the weekend, and 'home sweet home' has never felt more right before. I miss home-cooked food, sitting in my own study room, and sleeping in my own bed. Hall life has been good to me so far (extremely thankful to all my fellow hall mates for being such sweet and generous people) but there is really nothing quite like home. University is all about planning and one small misstep can lead to hair-pulling consequences, and everything has been overwhelming. Despite the big stack of textbooks next to me clamouring to be read, and the equally frightening stack of assignments, I'm taking some time off for myself to catch up on dramas and blog posts. 

To all the people who just started university too, good luck and have fun, whatever you are studying! It seems dreadfully tiring and strange at the moment, but I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope) that what seems foreign now will soon become second-nature. All the best xx

No comments:

Post a Comment