Tuesday, January 20, 2015

An Ode to Summer

(cardigan, Bangkok / bustier, Hollyhoque / shorts, Bangkok / sunnies, Japan / platforms, Topshop / ring, Colette Hayman / bracelet, Claire's / apple necklace, Colette Hayman, flower necklace, Claire's, black plate necklace, Lowry's Farm)
(photos by Siu Farn)

It's all about the details, right? Which means I found it perfectly justified to wear three largely different necklaces, just for the sake of layering, and just because. Dainty statement necklace, a bold neck-piece, and a quaint little pendant, check, check, and check-- I've got all the bases covered. 

Anyway, this outfit was meant to be my Ode to Summer, in remembrance of the days of short shorts, sleeveless tops and bright cheery colours, before I transitioned into structured Fall outfits, with midi skirts and muted tones. The weather was getting a little chilly, so I threw on a bright pink cardigan to bring the whole look together and to stop me from freezing in classrooms. I must admit, though, that the whole pinks-creams-nudes palette has never been an integral part of my wardrobe, but I am beginning to see its appeal. Though perhaps that's just another excuse for me to snap up more clothes to fit this new colour scheme I've begun to incorporate into my wardrobe. I've always been a blues-greens-greys kind of girl myself.  

How have you all been? I've just gone through the first week of school, and it somehow felt like many, many weeks, despite being only seven days long, a phenomenon that I find myself hard-pressed to explain. It might have something to do with the sudden jolt of school after a long holiday, but I guess it's just something we all go through. Hopefully we all have a better second week at school!  
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment