Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Curse of the Checkered Shirt

{shirt, The Blackground / outerwear, BKK / pants, H&M / shoes, Bugis Street / bag, Kanken}

When Xinyi learned that I had never eaten a Chinese meal at a Chinese restaurant, she was appropriately horrified, and then proceeded to say that we definitely had to try Chinese food for once. I agreed, me being the food-dummy that I am. So that saw us at Paradise Dynasty one Friday evening, with myself all excited to try Chinese food at a proper Chinese restaurant for the first time ever. The xiaolongbao were juicy and tasty, and I'm already drooling just looking at pictures of my Braised Pork La Mian, which probably tells you how much I liked it (the soup base is delicious). Perhaps all these bouts of good food (with TFBB in the previous blog post the very next day after Chinese food) are to blame for my recent weight increase? Though I find myself hard-pressed to deny that it was worth it.

Fridays should be renamed "Checkered-Shirt-Day", because it is the attire of choice on the last day of a week. And course, not wanting to stand out like a sore thumb, I decided to do my own version of the Friday staple. I'm pretty sure I still stood out quite horribly, but ah well, you're only young once. Decked out in my new skinnies and a borrowed pair of floral sneakers (which were way too small for me, but the things I do for clothes surprise even myself) with SWAG scribbled across my front. The best way to spend a Friday.

So, how's your week been? Mine has been pretty hectic; I got a new 'task' in my job, which has me running all over the office, though maybe that will help work off the 2 kilograms I put onto myself since my school life ended. I think those macarons my colleague baked and my numerous indulgences in mint dark chocolate MnMs and salted pretzels sticks (consuming these two food items should be a sin) may have something to do with the increase on the weighing scale. Just a guess.
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment